The Twilight Zone: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
7 day return
60 day warranty
All 29 episodes of the second season of Rod Serling's classic, groundbreaking series, now presented in pristine high-definition for the first time ever, along with hours of new and exclusive bonus features not available anywhere else!
New, Blu-ray exclusive features:
- Rarely-seen, unofficial Twilight Zone pilot, "The Time Element," starring William Bendix and Martin Balsam. Written by Rod Serling and hosted by Desi Arnaz for Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse.
- New 1080p transfer from the original camera negative and magnetic soundtrack.
- 19 new commentaries, featuring The Twilight Zone Companion author Marc Scott Zicree, author and film historian Gary Gerani (Fantastic Television), author and music historian Steven C. Smith (A Heart at Fire's Center: The Life and Music of Bernard Herrmann), music historians John Morgan and William T. Stromberg, writer/producer David Simkins (Lois and Clark, Dark Angel), writer Mark Fergus (Children of Men, Iron Man), actor William Reynolds and director Ted Post Interviews with actors Dana Dillaway, Suzanne Lloyd, Beverly Garland, and Ron Masak
- Tales of Tomorrow episode "What You Need" Vintage audio interview with Director of Photography George T. Clemens
- 1977 syndication promos for "A Stop at Willoughby" and "The After Hours"
- 18 Radio Dramas
- 34 Isolated Music Scores
Complementing this enhanced journey to the middle ground between light and shadow is an exceptional collection of new supplemental features that, when combined with the already fine material assembled for the DVD Definitive Editions, should make this season 2 offering a must-have for Twilight Zone and Rod Serling devotees. Chief among the items making their debut on the Blu-ray is "Nightmare at Ground Zero," a 1953 episode of Suspense penned by Serling about a scientist who plots to murder his wife at a nuclear test site; it's an extremely effective thriller that would have fit well into the TZ canon. Part 2 of historian Marc Scott Zicree's 1978 audio interview with cinematographer George T. Clemens--the architect of the series' distinctive look--is also included, and it's accompanied by a chat from the same year with makeup artist William Tuttle, the man responsible for some of the show's most nightmarish images. Zicree is front and center for most of the 25 new commentary tracks, on which he's joined by the likes of Matthew Weiner (Mad Men), Joseph Dougherty (thirtysomething), comic book legends Len Wein and Marv Wolfman, original TZ scripter George Clayton Johnson and historians Scott Skelton and Jim Benson, Gary Gerani, and Jon Burlingame.
Fifteen of the exceptional Twilight Zone radio adaptations are also included, which feature Jason Alexander, Jane Seymour, Michael York, and Fred Willard. And all of the extras offered on the DVD set, including commentary by original episode stars Don Rickles, Bill Mumy, Dennis Weaver, and Cliff Robertson, as well as isolated music scores, interviews, and promos, are submitted for your approval. The season 2 Blu-ray is truly the definitive final word on the stellar second season of this iconic show. --Paul Gaita