Landslides and Engineered Slopes, 2 Volume Set +CDROM: Protecting Society through Improved Understanding (Hardcover)
CLEARANCE ITEM - Final sale!
Landslides and Engineered Slopes: Protecting Society through Improved Understanding comprises the Proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on Landslides and 2nd North American Symposium on Landslides (Banff, Alberta, Canada, 2-8 June 2012). Included are thirteen keynote and invited papers, the inaugural Heim Lecture, and over 260 technical papers organized under the following themes:
• Landslides and Society - Processes and Impacts
• Advances in Investigation & Classification
• Understanding Landslide Mechanisms
• Simulating and Managing Rock Fall
• New Technologies for Investigative and Performance Monitoring
• Slope Stability in Practice - Engineered Slopes and Forest Management
• Advanced Stability Analyses and Landslide Modelling
• Evaluation and Control of Landslides - Avoidance, Prevention, and
• Protection Strategies
This two-volume set is intended for landslide practitioners, researchers and decision makers, to serve as a comprehensive reference, summarizing the current state-of-the-art and state-of-practice in landslide investigation, analysis and risk management as viewed by experts from Canada, the U.S. and other countries worldwide in their efforts to better protect society through improved understanding.